Probably the most frequent question I have ever heard about face masks is “Why use them at all?“ Really, why? If you regularly use skin care products, it seems that masks are not necessary and they are just pointless extra costs. But they are not.
First: face masks act like a fertilizer. If you plant seeds into a non-fertilized soil, you might not get a good harvest. The same applies to the skin: if you only use tonics, emulsions, creams and serums, your skin will not be „fertile“. However, a face mask can not replace the complete skin care.
Second: masks target a specific problem. While emulsions or creams act preventively, they maintain the oil-moisture balance of the skin; the mask solves a specific problem – skin whitening, intense hydration, toning, lifting, fighting inflammation, cleansing, etc.
Third: contrary to creams, masks come into contact with the skin much less and for a shorter period of time. But less does not mean worse. Masks contain a large number of active substances and even those 15-30 minutes are enough to achieve results.
How to use face masks?
1. The most important rule is to apply masks on a clean skin: cleansing foam + peeling – wash + face mask.
2.Masks, especially cleansing masks, should not be used before leaving home, but usually in the evening or at weekends. Moisturizing masks can be used anytime during the day, the important thing is to apply your usual skin care afterwards.
3.After you have applied a cleansing mask on your face, do not talk, walk or sit– due to effects of gravity. After all, you don’t want more wrinkles, do you?
4. Rinse the mask with wet hands or a sponge, e.g. a Konjac sponge.
5. It is not recommended to apply face masks to the skin around your eyes.
6. If you have dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, apply different types of masks to these zones.
7. Before applying a clay mask, moisturize your skin with a face tonic. The face tonic will act like a protective layer and will increase the effect of the mask.
8. When using a mask, follow the instructions and do not exceed the recommended time. If the recommended time is 20 minutes, follow this instruction.
When to use face masks?
If necessary, masks that target various skin problems can be used every day. If you use different masks at the same time, the first mask you use should be a cleansing mask.
In summer, cleansing masks are usually used, in spring – toning, nourishing and whitening masks, in winter – softening and nourishing masks, and in autumn – whitening masks. Moisturizing masks should be applied throughout the year.
Kind Regards !!!